Ramapo depends on its family of friends, counselor alumni, and parents for charitable giving to meet our annual operating costs, keep our program fees low, and maintain our Rhinebeck campus.
We hope that you will consider making a gift to Ramapo so we may continue to equip educators, caregivers, and youth with the skills they need to build trusting relationships, serve as effective role models, handle challenging behaviors constructively, and improve continuously through reflective practice.
Every year, we ask our friends and supporters to sponsor a child for a summer filled with laughter, learning, and a sense of achievement at Camp Ramapo. The annual appeal helps to provide over $550,000 in camper scholarships each summer to children who would not otherwise be able to attend camp.
Contributions to Ramapo for Children are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. All donors will be provided with an acknowledgment letter for tax purposes.
Development Office Contact Information
Address: Attn: Development Office, P.O. Box 266, Rhinebeck, NY 12572
Phone: 646.588.2310 (NYC) or 845.876.8409 (Rhinebeck)
How to Make a Gift to Ramapo
Making a charitable contribution to Ramapo for Children is easy. Gifts can be made via check or credit card. Ramapo also gladly accepts gifts of appreciated securities. Another excellent way to make a donation to Ramapo is through a planned gift.
- Donate Online
- Make a Gift by CheckChecks and other correspondence should be sent to:
Ramapo for Children
P.O. Box 266, Rt. 52 / Salisbury Turnpike
Rhinebeck, NY 12572
- Make a Gift by Credit CardTo make a contribution by credit card over the telephone, please contact the Development office at 845.876.8409.
You may be able to double or even triple your gift to Ramapo through your or your spouse's employer's matching gift program. Companies that participate in these programs will provide their employees with matching gift forms to fill out and send to Ramapo along with their contribution or pledge form.
Contributions in Memory or in Honor
Honor someone special, celebrate an occasion, or memorialize a loved one with a charitable gift to Ramapo for Children. Gifts can be designated for scholarships or other purposes, depending on the wishes of the donor. Prompt personal acknowledgments are sent for these (and all!) gifts. When sending a gift in honor or in memory of someone, please indicate the purpose of the gift and the name and address of the person to be notified.
Gifts of Stock
Charitable contributions to Ramapo are tax-deductible. However, there is an additional benefit when giving appreciated stock. If you hold marketable securities that would bring a long-term capital gain if sold, their outright gift to Ramapo for Children could mean significant tax savings, as you are not required to pay capital gains on the appreciation. Thus, the actual cost to you as a donor is less than the value of your gift. Contact the Development office at 845.876.8409 if you plan to make a gift of appreciated stock.
Planned Gifts (Deferred Giving)
As a long-term method of supporting Ramapo for Children, planned giving offers a range of options that have benefits for the donor and their family as well as Ramapo. One way of planning a gift is naming Ramapo as a beneficiary in one's will; in planning your estate, you should remember that an outright bequest can reduce the taxation of your estate. If considering a planned gift, please contact the Development office at 845.876.8409 and consult with a tax specialist.
These special gifts are made for a particular purpose, such as renovating or building new facilities or endowment growth.
In Kind Donations
Throughout the year, Camp Ramapo and our Rhinebeck campus need many supplies to keep the campus running. If you can donate or help us find donations of any of these items, please contact Scott Kemp at Ramapo for Children, 845.876.8432.
Supplies needed all year:
- Batteries (AAA, AA, C, D)
- Camper T-shirts (printed and plain white for tie-dying)
- Duffel bags/gym bags
- Games, board games (travel size or regular)
- Lumber for woodshop
- Industrial carpet cleaner/upholstery cleaner
- Nerf sporting equipment
- Rain ponchos
- Socks & underwear (children's—new)
- Sweatpants, sweatshirts
- Toiletries (toothpaste/brushes, shampoo, etc.—new only)
Supplies needed during the summer:
- Art supplies: glue, markers (assorted colors), paint brushes, paint pens, Sculpie art clay, etc. (all non-toxic/safe)
- Arts & crafts kits in sets of 8
- Batteries (AAA, AA, C, D)
- Cameras (digital)
- CD/Cassette players
- Costumes—big fruit or animal
- DVD players, children's DVDs
- Flashlights and battery-operated lanterns
- Goggles (swimming), aqua safety pieces
- Love seats, couches
- Magic kits
- Medical supplies
- Mountain bikes and bike helmets
- Preschool equipment and play sets, toddler riding equipment, tables, and chairs
- Sleeping bags
- Sports equipment (for teams of 6-8)
- Subscriptions to children's magazines
- Vacuum cleaners—industrial size
- Videos/DVDs for all ages, but especially PG movies that would be of interest to pre-teen boys (such as Remember the Titans, Star Wars, The Hurricane, Searching for Bobby Fischer)
- Water bottles (sports type)
- Winter clothing—hats, gloves, scarves
Ramapo for Children values and respects your right to privacy. We collect donor information for internal purposes only. Ramapo for Children does not sell, trade, or share its donor list with any outside organization. Online donations are processed through a third party, Network for Good.
If you have any questions you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Development Office at 845.876.8409.